At Chiropractic Healing Center, our professionals have been specially trained to treat women who are expecting and to help them have a healthy and comfortable pregnancy. Chiropractic care during pregnancy is important for because your spine can become misaligned from the following:
- Pelvic changes
- Increased curvature of the spine due to protruding abdomen
- Postural changes
By keeping the pelvis aligned and in balance, it can actually help your delivery go smoother by allowing for more room for your developing baby and keeping it in the best possible position for delivery.
- Pregnant women who regularly seek chiropractic care can experience:
- Relief from nausea and morning sickness
- Faster labor and delivery
- Relief from back and joint pain
- Lower risk of requiring a C-section
- Overall healthier pregnancy
In the eight weeks following delivery, regular appointments can help your body to recover properly as the ligaments loosened by pregnancy begin to tighten and your bones move back into place.