If you work at a job that has you sitting at a desk all day, that can translate into pain and discomfort in your neck due to poor posture. To make sure that your comfortable between your visits to Chiropractic Healing Center, follow these helpful tips:
- Change Your Workspace: Using the science of ergonomics, make changes to your desk or work area that can prevent fatigue and injury.
- Adjust your computer screen so that you can see everything on it without having to bend your neck.
- Position your hips slightly higher than your knees so that your feet are on the ground and your lower back is supported.
- Keep your arms at 90 degrees when you are typing
- Target Your Trigger Points: Knots can form at trigger points in your muscles. Deeply massage these areas to get rid of knots and alleviate referred pain.
- Take Breaks: At least once an hour, get up and walk around to change your position and give your neck muscles a rest.
- Have a Postural Analysis: Have us check the alignment of your spinal vertebrae with a postural analysis. Even if you follow the other tips, you can still have pain if your neck or back is out of alignment.
Ideally, you would win the lottery and never have to work in an office again, but until that happens you need to do what’s best for your total body wellness to reduce your pain and make you more productive. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Cheree to analyze your spinal alignment and begin a chiropractic care plan that will not only make your job more enjoyable, but the rest of your life as well.