For most Americans, when illness or injury strikes the first thought is to see a doctor and get some medicine to make it better. This in a nutshell is medical care. It hopes to bring relief by adding elements to your body’s system to facilitate healing.
Wellness care on the other hand is quite different. By taking steps to restore proper function to your neuromusculoskeletal system, wellness care allows your body to activate its own healing powers without adding chemicals or using invasive surgeries.
Some of the alternative therapies available through wellness care include:
- Spinal manipulation: By performing carefully designed chiropractic adjustments, irregularities in the spinal column such as vertebral subluxations. Subluxations can cause nerves to not function properly and restrict blood flow, resulting in pain and discomfort for the patient.
- Nutritional counseling: A healthy diet is one of the most important steps in bringing your body into total wellness. By providing your body the proper nutrients through whole foods and supplements, you empower it to perform at it’s best.
- Corrective exercises: Healing is accelerated when you practice corrective exercises at home. These exercises promote strength and flexibility and usually require no equipment or items you already have around the house.
- Lifestyle advice: If some of your behaviors are contributing to your issues, lifestyle advice such as stress-coping techniques are an invaluable tool to help you feel better.
- Physiotherapy: Using therapies such as massage, ultrasound, electric muscle stimulation and cryotherapy complement the above techniques to restore your comfort and mobility.