According to the World Health Organization, wellness is “…a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.” At Chiropractic Healing Center, our goal is to help your body achieve the balance necessary to be in a state of wellness without the use of chemicals and invasive treatments. In addition to helping with the physical aspects, we also offer lifestyle coaching to assist you with bringing all areas into balance.
Eight different dimensions must be managed properly in order to achieve your optimal state of wellness:
- Emotional: Emotional wellness centers on how you manage your feelings and control stress in your life. Taking time for yourself and putting coping mechanisms in place to deal with stress can help you achieve wellness in this area.
- Environmental: As a citizen of the planet, it’s important to live in a way that conserves its resources as well as spend time in nature. Activities such as hiking and recycling can bring this area into balance.
- Intellectual: Intellectual wellness comes from using your mind. Learn to do new things, interact with others in your community and participate in cultural activities to help in this area.
- Financial: Financial wellness doesn’t come from being rich, but rather from properly managing whatever amount of money you have. Put aside earnings in savings, invest wisely and follow a budget to prevent this element from being askew.
- Occupational: Whatever your profession, occupational wellness occurs when you have the satisfaction of performing a job well done.
- Physical: Eating right, sleeping enough and participating in some form of exercise each day. When something isn’t right with your body, whether it be illness or injury, seeking chiropractic care can help to bring healing and restoration.
- Social: Having a support network of peers or family as well as being involved in romantic relationships can keep this area healthy and functioning properly.
- Spiritual: Your spiritual dimension involves having a set of values and following them. This area includes practicing a religion or using relaxation techniques such as mediation.