Just because you’re starting to feel better doesn’t mean your treatment is complete. You may not be hurting as much now but it doesn’t mean your tissues have healed. Discontinuing care before your spine has fully stabilized could lead to a relapse of the injury that brought you to us in the first place.
During these 2-3 months:
- Visits to our office will decrease to once or twice per week
- You will begin to do more stretching and exercising at home
- Spinal stability will significantly improve
- You may still experience occasional minor flare ups
Each patient heals at their own pace based on their condition and overall health. Things you can do to improve your rate of healing include:
- Following our prescribed home exercises as directed
- Limit activity until you have been cleared to resume everything
- Eat a nutritional diet high in fresh fruits and vegetables and lean meats
- Limit your intake of processed foods
- Avoid sugars and refined carbohydrates
- Discontinue use of tobacco products
- Limit emotional stress
Because you are getting stronger, we can apply more force during your treatment and add other therapies that will facilitate the healing process.